Monday, April 22, 2013

Hopefest


Over the past few months the juniors at my school have been working on a charity music festival called Hopefest. It was to benefit the options program, which helps the special needs kids at my school, and the St. Bernadette's Clinic, which helps those who could not afford medical care get the treatment needed. After all of the hard work it finally came down to the day of Hopefest which went very smoothly. The weather was perfect, the decorations were vibrant, and the atmosphere was all around lively. All day I danced to great music and enjoyed the company around me. I had the job of emceeing which was a blast. At the end of the day we raised $65,900+ for the charities. I had a wonderful time all while helping out a wonderful cause. You don't realize how greatly you can impact someones life until it is tangible. This project will help hundreds of people and change their lives for the better. I was so blessed to have been a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment