Saturday, December 22, 2012

IM BAAAACK

Hello beauties! I know you all have suffered from severe anxiety due to the lack of posts I've been providing but no need to fret, I am back and it's for good. I had to take a minor break from providing my bows&bliss junkies their daily dose of Claire due to midterms <just typing that word makes me want to vomit a little.

So for all you people having withdrawals... I thought I would kick things off with a "What Would Claire Wear?"! The inevitable question to be answered is... What would Claire wear to a dirty santa party? So for all of you wondering, This is exactly what I would wear. In fact I DID wear it and I looked fabulous:



Top: I was having a shirt crisis that evening. So much clothes yet nothing to wear... always the problem. So I ended up borrowing this little number from Liz. Very sassy and feminine. It brightens up a relatively dark outfit.

Bottoms: I borrowed Caroline's black high waisted shorts (I'm guilty of borrowing a lot). I paired them with my FAVORITE tights. They are sheer black and have black bow accents on them. They have a few rips and holes but I think it gives them character. When doubting the choice of my bottoms and contemplated putting on my high waisted black jeans Elizabeth talked me out of it saying "jeans are common, the tights are just a little something extra". That my friends, is the truth.

Shoes: I wore some taupe ankle booties. They had just a little heel on them. Maybe 3 inches. But they really added something to the outfit.

Hair & Makeup: Confession... I cheered at a basketball game before the party and didn't even touch my hair after. But I really do think the high pony worked for this emsemble. My makeup was very me. I wore everything very subtle. I used my favorite color in the Naked 2 palette, it's called "Bootycall" (ha). I did a quick little sweep of black liquid eyeliner and then I brought in the big guns. The best lipstick I have every purchased. It is by Revlon and the color is "Plum Perfect". The shade is best for people with light skin and dark features, like myself.


I hope my outfit scheme helped someone out this holiday season!
Remember:
keep the Christ in Christmas
keep the season merry
& keep santa dirty
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment