Tuesday, December 25, 2012

my brother

Well, my brother is my hero. He is the must humble and loving person I know. Recently he left to join the US Air Force. This is the first time in my seventeen years that we have been apart. As proud as I am of him, I can be very selfish and think, "Why now? Don't leave me when I need you most". Then I make myself snap out of it because he is doing something that is bigger than my selfish needs and bigger than the fact that I miss him more and more every day. He is serving our country and I do not think I could be any happier to call myself his sister. Some people are not as close to their siblings as I am to mine, but please do not take them for granted. I only get to talk to him once a week for about 3 minutes, but I look forward to his call. I can hardly wait to be reunited with him. He is my rock and one of my best friends, and it took for him to leave for me to finally realize that. Don't miss out on every opportunity you have to spend with your brothers or sisters because you will most certainly miss them the most when you can't have them.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment