Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Top 10 Things of 2012

10. Miley Cyrus
- Hannah Montana.. uh, er... I mean Miley has had quite the year. And by quite the year I mean she got the haircut that stopped the nation and became engaged to the finest hunk of man candy out there, Liam Hemsworth. Although her haircut has had many objections, her fiance has been protested by no one.. ever.

9. Lace
- Although lace has been out there forever, I love it more and more with age. It is so elegant, so vintage. Lace is earning more of my devotion by the second.

8. My Polaroid Camera
- I j'adore my Polaroid. No one can look ugly through her lens. It is truly a miracle. Although it can be quite pricey, costing about a dollar per picture, it is totally worth it. The unique look they provide for my room is unreplicable.
7. Cut Outs
- Not the trashy skin cutouts, the cut outs underlined with things like mesh and lace. They give the slightest little tease of skin. My favorite shirt is a simple long sleeved black t, accented with mesh underlined cutouts up from the top of the shoulder to the wrist. An unexpected hint of sass.

6. My Dad 
- I have the greatest dad in the history of great dads. He is easily one of the kindest people to grace this planet. Me and my daddy have always been very close but we particularly became closer this year, with my broken back incident, my brother leaving, and my moms illness. He truly is the best.

5. Florence + the Machine
- In late September I went to the Florence + the Machine concert in Houston. At first I was like "...what is this." but then I became totally enthralled with her. Florence's voice is stunning, her dress was stunning, and her set was stunning. It was amazing, I even ended up on someones shoulders.

4. Black
- Black has always been my color, but now I find myself wearing black on black and looking chic, not goth. If I could wear black everywhere I seriously think I would. Its my color, so I embrace it.

3. Coffee
- Coffee= life. Without coffee I would most likely have no personality.

2. Ryan Gosling
- <3 I have butterflies in my tummy just thinking about Ryan. In case The Notebook doesn't make you swoon, I would highly recommend watching Crazy Stupid Love. His abs... His face... ugh I'm dying.

1. Gossip Girl
- Caroline told me for years that I needed to watch GG so one long weekend off of school I decided to give it a shot. Two seasons were watching in a matter of three days. My life was changed. Blair has seriously changed my wardrobe perception. Serena taught me how to pick up guys (still working on that one). Chuck taught me how to fall madly, deeply in love with TV show character. The perfect evening in my definition is to take a hot bath, put on comfy pj's, make some hot tea, and lay in my comfy bed watching Gossip Girl. It's seriously my therapy.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment