Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What Would Claire Wear... to a Wedding

 
 

I recently attended a winter wedding (really... who has a wedding in the ides of January??). I had the biggest struggle regarding what to wear due to the season. Luckily, with much rummaging through Elizabeth Walker's closet, I was able to whip up this little ensemble. The look:

Dress: The long sleeves make it winter appropriate, the lace overlay keeps it romantic for the wedding obviously, and the un-underlined parts still keep it fun. I got more compliments on this dress than you could imagine. If it were colder outside I would have probably wore my trench coat on top with the sleeves pushed up just enough to see a peek of lace. (dress belongs to Liz)

Shoes:  The taller the shoes the better. These shoes must have been the best because my calves wanted to revolt by the end of the night. The shoes were subtly glam due to the height & design, yet very understated due to the color. If it were colder, I would have worn solid black tights with black heels.

Accessories: The three-tiered triangle earrings were Liz's. That added the much needed accessory to the upper region of my body. The clutch was my grandmothers on my dad's side of the family. So everyone was talking about it. Other than that I left the accessories pretty scarce, the dress really spoke for itself.

Hair & Makeup: My hair was in a wavy low pony parted down the center, with alot of wispys hanging down to keep it casual. My makeup was fairly natural but with the colors "bootycall", "chopper", and "YDK" from the Naked 2 pallet on my eyes.

Hope this helps you plan your outfit for those pesky winter weddings.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment