Thursday, October 31, 2013

What Would Claire Wear... to Homecoming**

I just attended my final homecoming dance at my school, and let me tell ya... at St Thomas More Catholic High School the girls do not wear gaudy typical homecoming attire. This is like a cocktail style event. I have seen some unbelievably priced dresses and some from Forever 21. However, I must say everyone really pulled through this year. I saw some superb style. This year I wanted to go for understated glam, take a look at my attempt. 


Dress- Romantic off the shoulder (and BLACK:]) Very comfortable and no one had a dress like it. I got this dress from Nasty Gal.

Shoes-  I wore THE shoes. The shoes that I wear everywhere. They are my safety net. I loveeee them. Very tall and verrrrry uncomfortable. Worth it? I think yes. 

Jewelry- I am not a huge jewelry person but I must say, my earrings really completed the look. They added just a hint of sparkle to a relatively plain outfit. I also had a vintage gold clutch that was my grandmothers.

Hair & Makeup- I did my hair loose and wavy, half up half down. It dressed up the outfit in the slightest sense. I did my own makeup, which was sort of plain. I had on various sparkly eye shadows with black cat- eyeliner. The best part of my makeup in my opinion was my lip stain. It was a perfect wine color. I would highly recommend investing in it. I got it in "wine to five". 






I had a wonderful time dressing up for my homecoming and I loved loved loved seeing everyone's outfits, the good, the fab, and the gaudy.

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment