Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What Would Claire Wear: Grown Woman



Hope you guys appreciated the Bey reference in the title of this post;]But seriously, that has to be one of my favorites from the new album. Best line? "They love the way I walk cause I walk with a vengeance, and they listen to me when I talk cause I ain't pretending" UGH SO FIERCE. I want that freaking engraved on my damn epitaph. 

Now back to the post (sorry for the awful photography, it was my father... I am not a demon I swear), If you have somewhere that you need to go professionally dressed there is no need to be a total yawn. You can make your "professional dress" very you and very chic without looking like a try hard. My tips:

Top:
  • I wore a black lace top with long sheer bell sleeves. It had a high neckline so it wasn't distracting and I kept it in a very understated print.
Skirt:
  • I wore a maroon skirt (although you cannot really tell in these pictures)  with a lace pattern. Yes, I did do lace on lace. It was very fitted but hit right of the knee so that's okay. 
Shoes:
  • Nude. Pumps. Stick to either nude or black so events like so.
Hair/Make-up/Accessories:
  • I did my hair in a very elegant low bun with hidden braids throughout. I also left some of the wispys out so that I did not look too uptight, I am eighteen after all. Make-up wise I wore various rose colors on my eyes from the Naked 3 palette and dark maroon/plum lipstick to match the skirt. Accessory wise I threw on some gold and black triangle studs for just a little something extra. 
"I'm a grown woman, I can do whatever I want"

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment