Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What Would Claire Wear: Chambray Shirt

As you all know, I love to run errands. Getting dressed nicely and running around town is truly one of the finer things in life. I loved this look that I wore, it was a wonderful early spring outfit.

  • Shirt
    • I was actually cleaning out a friends closet recently and she had three chambray shirts. I told her she needed to pick two to keep. So she decided to throw out the one you see above and I really liked it so I kept it for myself. You can get this shirt from J. Crew. A chambray shirt is a great staple in a women's closet. It is an incredible transitional piece and gives off a very all-American vibe. 
  • Pants
    • These are my favorite jeans. You can get a similar pair here. They give off an allusion that my legs are longer and leaner (which is totally what I need). I tucked the shirt in just a little so that I did not look frumpy. That is another trick for longer legs.
  • Shoes
    • I was SO excited to wear my favorite sandals again. These shoes are extremely old but they are trustworthy. They have about a four inch wedge and are very easy to walk around in.
  • Hair/Makeup/Accesories
    • I wore my hair just casually down. I tried to do a turban but with the hair and lipstick it was a little too Rosie the Riveter. My makeup was relatively plain but with a pop of color from my Chanel lipstick (shade: Gabrielle). I also wore my favorite sunglasses from Target! 
What are some of your favorite transitional pieces? I'd love to hear!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment