Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What Would Claire Wear: ballin'

Down in South Louisiana we are in the midst of Mardi Gras season. In the past month or so I have already attended 3 balls. I have one more to go to, so that dress will come later. I absolutely love the ambiance of Mardi Gras. It is crazy and fun and everyone dances. If you have never been to a ball before in South LA I would HIGHLY recommend you do so.



  • Green Dress
    • I wore this one to a smaller ball. It was a little more casual as well. It was such a flattering shape on me and was definitly fun to dance in. This was easily one of the best balls I've been to. They had a great band that played classic oldies like "Paradise City" and "Don't Stop Believing". 
    • I accesorized my dress with a gold bow cuff and dramatic eye makeup (not seen). My hair was in long loose waves. I wore the shoes seen in far right picture.
  • Silver Sparkle Dress
    • This dress was for a more formal ball. This is not the best picture of it but it is one of the only ones I have of the night (*sigh). It was long sleeved and super fitted. It had a slit coming up the front to around right above my knee. I wore skinny nude pumps and had on rather neutral makeup since the dress really spoke for itself. I wore big curls and little sparkly stud earrings. 
  • Taupe Dress
    • The third dress was the one that I wore to a children's ball. This was the most casual one. It was just a simple baby doll dress with lace at the top and the back lace did not have underlining. It was a very sweet dress if I do say so myself. I had on wine lipstick and rosy eye shadow. A little piece of my hair was pulled back with little bobby pins that have a pearl on the end. I also wore my fur coat there although it is not pictured. 
I have one more ball coming up and the dress has yet to be decided! But don't worry bitches, I will prevail.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment