Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Food for Thought

I know that whole concept of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing can really get annoying. Im trying to mask my awful skin here people, I don't want to hear this nonsense. But if you think about it, you realize that no one else is noticing that zit on your face that would require a high voltage electron microscope to see. I realized this while reading Lauren Conrad's book Beauty, aka the self confidence bible. If you don't own this book I would highly recommend buying it. My bestie Liz bought it for me for my birthday. If there was one person who applied the rulesof the book perfectly, it would have to be her. She is like the great LC in a sense. Very poised, a fashion sense to die for, and just beautiful all around. One thing I learned from these two people is that you really can be beautiful without looking like Angelina Jolie. Beauty is all about how you carry yourself and see yourself. If you feel beautiful with red lipstick then wear it. If you feel beautiful in little saddle oxfords on then wear them. It's all about your style and your definition of being beautiful. While everyone else is wearing super tight clothes and bearing tons of skin, I would feel more comfortable in my favorite high-waisted black jeans and a big sweater. Don't trade in who you are to meet other peoples standards of beauty because at the end of the day it all comes down to how good you feel about yourself. Don't be so hard on yourself, things you see I can almost gaurentee that no one else sees. Everyone over analyzes themselves but if you were to see your self from someone elses perspective, what would you see? Just a little food for thought. xoxo

1 comment: