Friday, December 27, 2013

Sanctuary


My room is probably my favorite place in the world, besides Paris and the French Press downtown. If I never had to leave it I probably never would. I just spent about a year long process of remodeling it so I am very proud. I have been getting asked quite frequently what it looks like so I thought this post may be helpful.

1. The first photo is of my dresser. On it I have a stack of vintage Glamour Magazines circa 1950s. I also have a vintage tea set (kind of cut out of the photo... whoops), my mothers homecoming queen tiara, and all of my bras. Above it is an iron Eiffel Tower with old fashioned models on it and across from that is a little frame with postcards of vintage fashion photographs that I bought at a couture exhibit in Paris.

2. Photo two is my favorite part of my room, my bed. Its basically all black with a little dark grey plaid throw blanket and my New York city skyline pillows from Urban Outfitters. My headboard is also from Urban. It has little clips all over it and I put things that make me happy on it, such as polaroids and magazine clippings. My bedside table was handmade by my uncle and it has my lamp, a stack of unread magazines, and candles on it. My mannequin is also there.

3. This part of my room is my vanity. I recently strung lights around it, ya know.. setting the mood. I also have art by my friends hung around there. I put little things like my make up bag and a 1960's telephone that belonged to my grandfather on my vanity. I just got that little sofa which I LOVE. I am currently typing this post from there.

4. This is right whenever one would walk into my room. The shelf in photo four is where I keep all of my fashion books and my collection of Glamour's (in case you can't tell I am a wee bit obsessed). I also like to keep chocolates on there for guests.

Hope this gives you guys a little insight into my life!

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment